Healthy? Check. Easy? Check. Tasty? Check. This lemon ginger salmon takes only a few minutes to prep, less than 20 minutes to cook, and is oh so satisfying. If eating healthier or cooking at home more are some of your resolutions for the new year, then this recipe will fit right in.
I’ve made this two times now, and both times it’s been a huge hit with my family. The best part for me is that it’s so little effort. I don’t even mind making this on a week night, because it’s so quick.
Slice an entire salmon fillet into pieces about 1.5 to 2 inches in width and then arrange them on a foil covered baking sheet. This lets them cook faster and move evenly than cooking it in one piece.
Leave a little bit of space between them, but you don’t need too much. Also if you keep them closer on the pan it’s easier to coat them with the topping. For the topping combine lemon juice, ginger, garlic, olive oil, brown sugar and salt, and blend together in a food processor.
Then you coat the salmon and bake at 375F for 15-18 min, until it’s flaky and just cooked through. That’s it! Easy and simple.
- Whole salmon fillet, sliced into 1.5-2" wide pieces
- Juice of one large lemon
- 1½ tbsp coarsely chopped ginger
- 5-6 cloves garlic
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ - ½ tsp salt (to taste)
- 5 tsp brown sugar
- Line baking sheet with aluminum foil and arrange salmon pieces so they are just separated
- In a mini food processor, blend together remaining ingredients until smooth
- Pour topping over salmon and bake at 375F for 15-18 minutes, until salmon is just cooked through and flaky
- Then serve with your side dish of choice (pictured here my dad's couscous salad)