If you are like me, Christmas might have snuck up on you this year. How are we only 2 days away?! While I don’t quite believe it, that is what the calendar is telling me.
Do you need a last minute, easy holiday treat for your festivities? If so, I suggest these Holiday Rice Krispie Squares. Exceptionally easy, and not to mention a total crowd pleaser. They have been called “magical” by my coworkers and even praised by our CEO during an awards luncheon (seriously). A great holiday treat for both the adults and kids in your life.
The best part about this recipe is that it can actually be tailored to just about any holiday. Halloween – great, use black and orange jujubes. Easter – use the pastel Easter jujubes. Always festive, always delicious.
Wishing you all the best for the holiday season and looking forward to posting some more recipes in the new year. Happy Holidays everyone!
- ½ cup butter
- 400 g marshmallows*
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 6 cups holiday coloured Rice Krispie cereal
- 3 cups jujubes** (holiday colours)
- Lightly grease a 9" x 13" pan with cooking spray.
- In large dutch oven, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add marshmallows to pot and stir until melted.
- Remove pot from heat and stir in vanilla until combined.
- Add Rice Krispies and jujubes, stirring until combined.
- Press mixture into pan using a lightly greased spatula until evenly distributed.
- Finally - cool, cut, and enjoy!
**The smaller the jujubes, the better they distribute in the squares. If you can only find large ones, you may want to consider cutting them in half